Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Narcissus is Dreaming-Rose Mambert

Narcissus is Dreaming-Rose Mambert

the facts
satisfaction:  up/side
pages: 141
gender: F
nationality: USA
year: 2014
novel

A shapeshifting alien falls in love and falls in the hands of a government organization.

I don’t read a lot of science fiction but I think I ought to read more. This was fascinating. The different species of aliens (shape shifters, spiritual healers, etc) were differentiated and really fascinating foils to human beings. There’s something unfinished about this novel-it’s disjointed, I ended up not being sure who was who/what/etc, there may have been 3 novels in this 1 rather short novel-but I felt the bones of this gritty and tragic novel to be well done. There were parts so well written in terms of prose and pacing that I fell in love. I’m definitely not going to tell you that everyone ought to read this but I found enough to really enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment