Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A Perfect Heritage-Penny Vincenzi

A Perfect Heritage-Penny Vincenzi
the facts
satisfaction: side
pages: 753
gender: F
nationality: UK
year: 2014
novel
The House of Farrell was the it brand of the 1950s under the helm of Athina Farrell via Cornelius Farrell. However, it's not doing well in the modern world and Bianca Bailey is sent in to revamp the corporation/brand. The two headstrong women clash while we learn secrets about the past from Florence Hamilton, the head of sales at the flagship store since its heydays.

I honestly was far too stubborn to stop reading this one. This is not my sort of novel:cosmetic company with a clash between the high powered corporate rehabilitator and the overbearing matriarch, how on earth did I end up picking this up? I mean, just look at the names involved! So I suppose it's down to Vincenzi's pacing and charm. I hated most of the people in the novel (vapid, unbelievable, and one dimensional), was surprised by little in the novel (most of the secrets were so anti-climatic!), and felt like I was reading the novel equivalent of the telenovelas I also avoid and yet I read the whole thing? It was like good quality junk food-a contradiction of terms that nevertheless keeps you snacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment